Construction projects bring about many different questions and concerns for prospective clients.
In this section, we have addressed some of the most popular questions that customers have asked us. Please be aware that each construction project is unique and will require individualized attention. Feel free to contact our office to speak to a project manager about your specific project and any questions or concerns you might have.
What potential location/site/land issues should I know about?
We suggest knowing the answers to the following questions in regards to a potential location for your next project:
- Is there a clear title to the site?
- Has proper zoning been approved?
- Have surveys been taken?
- Have watershed and drainage requirements been checked?
- What building code restrictions govern the site?
- Are there easements on the site?
- Will they interfere with the use of the property?
- Is the site big enough for future expansion and parking?
- Will there be easy access to the building after the area develops?
- What are the setback requirements of the lot?
- What site preparation work is needed? (such as soil testing, clearing, grading, demolition, fill/dirt removal, etc.)
- What traffic facilities are needed? (such as driveways, pedestrian walkways, traffic signs/signals, parking/handicapped parking, separate customer parking, etc.)
How long will my project take to complete?
Construction length can vary greatly depending upon your specific circumstances. We will talk through all of the project components and variables in order to establish a time frame and an overall game plan that works for everyone.
What will my project cost?
There is no way to accurately answer this question without considering many variables of a project. These variables include the use of the building, location, overall appearance of the exterior and interior, and compliance with all zoning, covenants, local codes, and regulations. We will meet with you in order to gather information about your needs and discuss all the details and variables that truly affect your specific project. Building costs can be provided after that initial meeting. We believe in being honest and upfront with you from the very beginning. We want you to have a clear understanding of the overall construction process and how we can best benefit you and meet your needs.
How do I finance my project?
We can give you tools and guidance to facilitate your financing needs. We have proven experience in working with project owners and financial institutions to meet all necessary requirements.